Community

Back-to-School Update

We’ve already spent about 2 months online with our remote learning program.  Thanks to our staff, teachers, parents, and, most of all, our students for their patience, support, and efforts. First and second-year Primary students have already resumed school on site. And now, we are gearing up to welcome K and up students back to the classroom in person.

The Ministry of Education announced last week that schools will reopen for all students, beyond just children of Essential Service Workers, starting June 1st. Attendance is voluntary. A Survey Monkey was sent out to all families to gauge how many of you plan to send your child(ren) back to school next month. Your responding by May 27, 4 pm will help us in our planning. For more information, please visit the province’s K to 12 Restart Plan

Parent Conferences are also just around the corner. These will be done via zoom.

In addition to establishing remote learning, we have also been working transferring our administrative tasks online, which will also enable us to share your child’s individual activities in class on a regular basis. So, please be on a look-out for an invitation from Transparent Classroom to join this platform.

Please note the following below:
Wednesday, May 27 I Upper Els I Current Events 3 Due
Monday, June 8 I Upper Els I Human Body Checklist Due
* Upper El Math assignments are due every week on Tuesday morning.

Wishing you a joyful weekend,
The Staff at Lions Gate Montessori

Friday, June 6, 2020 Memo

Dear Parents,

It was wonderful having many of our students return on-site this week! We were astounded by how they matured during these past couple of months away. While it is a challenge to present lessons both on-site and online simultaneously, we are happy to make that effort to ensure that all families feel comfortable as we navigate the next stage in our community’s Stage 3 re-opening here in BC.

Invitations to sign-up for next week’s Parent/Teacher Conferences have been sent out. Unfortunately, only parents with google accounts are able to access the online sign-up site. If you did not receive an invitation, please let us know. You may also sign up directly on our Transparent Classroom home page.

Summer Enrollments have been sent out to families who had indicated an interest in our Summer Program. If you would like your child to attend but did not receive a form, please let us know.

Warm thanks to everyone for supporting our Hand Sanitizer Fundraiser! The cost of the Juniper & Citrus Hand Sanitizer is $15 per 500 ml bottle. Please pass this on to your friends, co-workers, or others in need of hand sanitizer as well.

The sanitizer, as well as this year’s school Yearbook, are both available for purchase through our munchalunch site. Please log-in to create an account if you haven’t done so yet. For parents wishing to order yearbooks and/or hand sanitizer, Munchalunch will go offline effective June 23 for the summer. The last online payment must be made by June 23rd midnight in order to be processed. Please get your orders in as soon as possible.

Thank you and have a great weekend,
Riza Weinstein and the Staff at Lions Gate Montessori

ANCHOR POINT GRADES 1- 7 STUDENTS
Monday, June 8 I Upper Els I Human Body Checklist Due
Monday, June 8 I French group 2: Cooking “Crêpes”!
Friday, June 12 I Parent/Teacher Conference via ZOOM
Monday, June 15 I Upper Elementary Virtual Graduation & Talent Show
Thursday, June 18 I Beach Day for on site students, please see note below
* Upper El Math assignments are due every week on Tuesday morning.

Anchor Point Beach Day
Thursday, June 18 I Beach Day for on site students: Students will spend the morning at the beach to celebrate the end of the school year. Please make sure your child brings a beach towel as well as sunscreen and a sun hat if needed. They can also bring a snack to eat at the beach.